By Jean-Pierre Lasota
Read Online or Download Astronomy at the Frontiers of Science: 1 (Integrated Science & Technology Program) PDF
Best astronomy books
In 1988, in a piece of writing at the research of the measurements of the diversities within the radial velocities of a few stars, Campbell, Walker, and Yang mentioned an - teresting phenomenon;the radial speed diversifications of Cephei appeared to recommend the lifestyles of a Jupiter-like planet round this megastar.
Written via a widely known and skilled beginner astronomer, it is a functional primer for all aspiring observers of the planets and different sunlight process gadgets. no matter if you're a newbie or extra complex astronomer, you'll find all you wish during this publication to aid boost your wisdom and talents and movement directly to the subsequent point of looking at.
The long-awaited moment variation of this well-received textbook provides an intensive creation to observational astronomy. beginning with the fundamentals of positional astronomy and structures of time, it maintains with charts and catalogs masking either traditionally vital courses and smooth digital databases.
During this assortment, first released in 1951, the significant subject matter is that every thing has a background, and that we won't totally comprehend something with out a few wisdom of its heritage. Professor Haldane writes normally on geology, astronomy and zoology, yet features a number of different issues, together with eugenics, Einstein, and C.
- Planetary Vistas: The Landscapes of Other Worlds
- The Starlight Night: The Sky in the Writings of Shakespeare, Tennyson, and Hopkins (Astrophysics and Space Science Library)
- An Amateur's Guide to Observing and Imaging the Heavens
- Dimensional Analysis and Group Theory in Astrophysics
- Particle Physics and Cosmology: Dark Matter (Current Physics - Sources and Comments)
- Faszination Astronomie: Ein topaktueller Einstieg für alle naturwissenschaftlich Interessierten (German Edition)
Extra info for Astronomy at the Frontiers of Science: 1 (Integrated Science & Technology Program)
Astronomy at the Frontiers of Science: 1 (Integrated Science & Technology Program) by Jean-Pierre Lasota